Friday, May 11, 2012

Prom Dress: Progress!

Since the bodice of my dress is strapless, I've got to give it a lot of structure, so here are my additions:
- A cotton twill interlining with 6 twill boning channels
- Zip tie (plastic) boning
- Elastic around the neckline
And that layer goes between a gorgeous coral silk lining and the patterned silk outer fabric!
Check out ze progress:

Interlining layer with boning

Lining layer

Outer fabric layer

OOOOH so cute!  I love the lil octopus on this print... and I usually HATE octopi!

Don't forget to clip your curves, kids!

Hmm, I quite like this color.  Maybe I should make this the outer fabric?  ...NAH

Just for fun.

Sneak peek...

Since all this I've added the skirt, but I think it needs to be adjusted.  I'll create another post soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment